Speak to a travel expert: +1-877-240-4770

Your Guide to Heaven on Earth: Fernando de Noronha

Holding its own against any tropical getaway in the world the crystal clear waters, diverse marine life and impressive tropical landscapes make Fernando de Noronha simply glorious. Even Charles Darwin commented on Fernando de Noronha’s allure when admiring the woods saying:

The scenery was very beautiful, and large Magnolias and Laurels and trees were covered with delicate flowers – Charles Darwin

Blessed with natural beauty, a perfect climate and incredible experiences to enjoy everywhere you look on Fernando de Noronha, there is no better place to escape from it all.

Fernando de Noronha

Discover heaven on earth in Fernando de Noronha / Source

♦ Where is Fernando de Noronha?

Made up of 21-islands, Fernando de Noronha is located in the Atlantic Ocean 220 miles west of the northeastern coast of Brazil. Strictly speaking, the island of Fernando de Noronha is in fact an archipelago situated on an 11sq.mile tip of a submerged and extinct volcano. Although Fernando de Noronha is the only inhabited island of the Fernando de Noronha archipelago, it has just over 4 miles of surfaced road, with the rest being dirt track and pathways adding to the pristine beauty of the island. Approximately 70% of the island is protected resulting in the other 30% being a domesticated, cared-for wilderness adding to your vacation experience.

♦ Traveling to Fernando de Noronha

The number of travelers to Fernando de Noronha is strictly limited to 400 at any one time to preserve its unexploited environment and it is therefore essential to plan ahead. This is especially important for December and the Christmas and New Year period which can get booked up six months in advance! The island of Fernando de Noronha has a tiny airport called Gov. Carlos Wilson Airport (FEN) with daily direct flights from Brazil’s northeastern coastal airports of Natal (1 flight per day) and Recife (2-3 per day). In spite of Fernando de Noronha having Brazil’s easternmost airport, paradise is just a short flight away from Recife and Natal with a flight time of just approximately 1hour 15mins.

Fernando de Noronha, Brazil

Escape to your own ‘private’ beach

♦ The best time to go to Fernando de Noronha

Fernando de Noronha is a perfect year-round travel destination not only due to its displays of verdant nature and wildlife but also due to its consistent climate. The dry season runs from September up to March and the rainy season is from April to August however visitors can rely on warm weather and sunny days from January right through to December. Situated just south of the equator, the temperature varies little during the year allowing you to enjoy the tropical and humid climate of Fernando de Noronha. The temperatures throughout the year fall between 70°F and 80°F and the inviting crystal clear waters are even more so with ocean temperatures rarely dipping below 75°F. The stunning island, favorable climate and limited number of travelers allowed on Fernando de Noronha lets you to get away from it all and feel like you have this heavenly paradise all to yourself no matter when you travel.

Fernando de Noronha | Source
♦ Heaven on Earth

Fernando de Noronha has the top 3 beaches in Brazil according to Brazil’s Beach Bible, Guia Quatro Rodas, and TripAdvisor singled out the Praia do Sancho beach as the World’s Best Beach for 2014. If you’ve been searching the world for heaven on earth, Fernando de Noronha will bring your search to an end with its beaches being recognized for what they don’t have rather than what they do have with many not having showers, deckchairs, beach bars or facilities; the white sandy tropical paradise is truly heaven on earth! You’d be wrong to think that Fernando de Noronha is just about the pristine beaches which although hard to tear yourself away from, the island has so much more to offer. From strolling through the cobblestone streets of the tiny capital, Vila los Remedios and exploring its colorful colonial streets to watching spinner-dolphins propel themselves through the air in the Baía dos Golfinhos (Dolphin Bay); Fernando de Noronha will not disappoint!

Baia dos Porcos, Fernando de Noronha

Relax in the crystal clear waters of Baia dos Porcos / Source

Thanks for visiting our Central & South America Travel Blog! Feel free to contact one of our Travel Specialists via email, phone or chat to plan your unique Brazil itinerary.